Michael L. Cowan
- Construction Industry Services
- Commercial Litigation
Mr. Cowan is a litigator representing clients in the construction industry at both the trial and appellate stages. His practice includes representing general contractors, subcontractors, owners, and design professionals on a variety of projects, both public and private. He has experience in construction disputes, in state and federal courts and in arbitration, across the country. His experience includes prosecuting and defending breach of contract, delay, differing site conditions, and defect claims.
Mr. Cowan also has a diverse general litigation practice, primarily involving commercial disputes. He also has handled product liability actions, disputes involving non-compete clauses, and professional malpractice matters.
Mr. Cowan graduated, summa cum laude, from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2014. During law school, he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Mississippi Law Journal and served as a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court of Mississippi, Southern District (Hattiesburg Division) and a judicial extern for the U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of Mississippi (Aberdeen Division). Prior to attending law school, he worked as an instructional designer for Deloitte Services, LP in Nashville, Tennessee.
- J.D. University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, MS, 2014 (summa cum laude)
- B.S. Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN, 2004
- Attorney at Law, Mississippi, 2014
- Attorney at Law, Colorado, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Member, ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Member, ABA Litigation Section
- Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Construction Law Section
- Member, Litigation Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association