Kevin D. Poyner
- Construction Industry Services
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
Kevin Poyner focuses his practice on construction law, commercial litigation, and appellate practice. Mr. Poyner represents contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and property owners, in a wide range of complex commercial and construction-related disputes. Mr. Poyner’s litigation experience includes representing clients in mediation, arbitration, and in State and Federal trial and appellate courts.
Prior to joining The Holt Group, Mr. Poyner was the senior law clerk for the Honorable Warren E. Jones of the Idaho Supreme Court. Mr. Poyner worked closely with Justice Jones and the Court to draft published opinions analyzing a wide variety of complex legal issues.
Mr. Poyner graduated Order of St. Ives from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. While there, he served as the General Editor of the Denver University Law Review and was a research assistant for Professor Arnow-Richman. During his second and third years, Mr. Poyner worked as a legal intern for El Paso County District Court Judges Robert Lowrey and Thomas Kane assisting with their civil and criminal dockets. Mr. Poyner also worked on civil, domestic, and appellate matters for Melanie Douglas, P.C. and Bloom Murr Accomazzo & Siler, P.C.
- J.D. University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, CO, 2012 (Order of St. Ives)
- B.A. University of Denver, Denver, CO, 2009 (magna cum laude)
- Attorney at Law, Colorado, 2012
- Colorado Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Professional Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association
• Member, ABA Forum on Construction Law
• Member, ABA Litigation Section
- Colorado Bar Association
• Member, Construction Law Section
• Member, Litigation Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Rhone Brackett Inn of Court